October 6, 2016

Addison Ruby Hoellein

Addison Ruby Hoellein was born Aug. 4, 2016 she surprised us by making her appearance early. Her birth was quite the experience for me. I woke up at 5:45 to my water breaking. We arrived at the hospital at 6:45 (It would have been longer if Jared had gotten his way and stopped at to get doughnuts). When I arrived at the hospital they needed to check to make sure my water really did break and that I was far enough along for them to keep me. I was already having pretty consistent contractions when we got to the hospital. From the minute my nurse first checked me everyone was kind of scrambling. My nurse had to hurry and try to get my IV started so I had enough fluids in me to get an epidural, the anesthesiologist was in the middle of a c-section, my doctor was out of town and the on-call doc for her was in a meeting so they ended up calling a third doctor, and they did not have a room available for me yet!
My nurse got my IV in but it was not giving blood so she called for a phlebotomist to come ASAP. They did not come fast enough so my nurse came in with a needle with a syringe on it and sucked the blood needed for my labs out of my other arm. They began prepping me for my epidural when they received a call that my room was ready. So, I was wrapped in a sheet and walked the length of the labor and delivery wing to my room. At this point my contractions were strong enough that I needed Jared to hold my hand so I could squeeze it during my contractions. The anesthesiologist followed us into my room. By this time I really wanted/needed my epidural!! The anesthesiologist could not get my epidural in right!! She thought she got it in and gave me the test shot of medicine. Half of it went down my back so she decided to lay me down to see if gravity would help. NOPE! But I was complete at this point. They figured I went from a 5 to a 10 in about 7 min!! IT WAS AT THIS POINT THAT EVERYTHING CHANGED!! I now understand why woman scream during labor!! I screamed in ways I never knew were possible!! My whole body was shaking (two days latter every muscle in my body hurt!). A nurse came in to do counter pressure and push on my hips. After what felt like an eternity the doctor showed up and asked me to push! I had no clue how I was going to push. But two pushes later............. ADDISON RUBY HOELLEIN WAS HERE!! She weighed in at 5lbs 13oz and 19in long. Right after she was born I turned to my nurse and said I don't ever want to do that again! 10 min after she was born my blood work came back. My nurse said your labs are back you can now have an epidural! This all happened in a total of 2 hours from start to finish!!









Aunt Loni and uncle Colby



Grandma Great




0 comments: